If you would like you to have your Albert Co. surname interests listed on this page please email me with:
The details of the family being researched;
Any known timeframes, locations, etc.;
Be brief in your description;
Your email address;
Insert Albert Co. Surname Interests in the Subject field of the email message.
Some of the people submitting these surname interest entries also have homepages which you might want to check out. Click here to see a list of those with homepages.
Although I regularly test my hyperlinks, I may miss some. As a special favour to me and other readers, would you please notify me of any broken links on these pages.
LAVERTY. Isaac Laverty (1817-1892) settled in Albert Co. in the 1840s with wife, Elizabeth BALDWIN (1821-1903). He is listed in the 1851 census Parish of Harvey. Fundy Park landmarks carry his name: LAVERTY BROOK, LAVERTY TRAIL, LAVERTY LAKE and LAVERTY FALLS. He moved to Point Wolfe and later to Westbrook ME where he is buried.
- Hannah Elizabeth 1840 m. John HUESTON;
- William 1842 m. Charlotte PULSIFER;
- Isaac 1849-1918 m. Lucinda WHITNEY;
- Samuel 1850;
- George 1853;
- James 1855 m. Deborah STRONG;
- Watson 1858-78;
- Alice 1860 m. Herbert STRONG.
Family records mention that William, George and James were "lost at sea". Would anyone have information on a shipping accident (probably out of Pt. Wolfe c. 1870s - Deborah remarried 1879)? Have further information on the family. Would be pleased to hear from anyone researching them. Dawn Laverty Matheson Stirling, Ontario (13/8/1999)
LEAMAN. I'm looking for any information on the children of 3 families -- Robert Leaman (b.abt.1782 NB) & Rachel Wilson (b.abt.1791 NB) married 10 Nov.1810 Hillsboro NB. James Leaman & Jane Briggs married 29 Jan.1807 Hillsboro NB. Thomas Leaman (b.abt.1795) & Ruth Ricker (b.abt.1801) married 10 June 1819 Hillsboro NB. Please contact me Dan Leaman (28/7/1998)
LEAMAN. Looking for decendents of William Leaman and Susanna Hopper m. 1818. Known children: John, Robert, Dorothy, Jane and possibly William Bob Sweet
LEEMAN Ann married JONAH, Ephraim, date unknown, both listed in son's BMD certificates as born in Coverdale, NB. One known son, Enoch, born in Moncton in 1838. The JONAHs were at Lunenburg until at least 1767. I have no information on LEEMAN at all (which is primarily what this email is addressing), and a "hole" for JONAHs between 1767 and 1838. Any help/direction would be appreciated. Cynthia Fuller (20/11/2000)
- LEWIS. Looking for family of Edmund Lewis who married Amelia Jane Kinne, 8 July 1837, at Hopewell.
- William T.,
- Matilda J.,
- James W.,
- Guildford M.,
- Anna L.
- What happened to Chipman, Matilda, Willard, and Guildford?
- Was Amelia Jane Kinne the mother of Chipman or was Edmund married first to Mary Jane Elliott?
- Looking for some of the children of Lemuel Lewis and Lois Lyman.
- What happened to William E., Alfred K., and Whitney T.?
- Are there any records available of those who sailed to the US (Lubec, Eastport)?
- Anna L., youngest daughter of Edmund and Amelia, ended up in Trescott, ME and married Clarence Dinsmore. Two of Lemuel's sons, Oscar and Corrie, ended up in Whiting, ME. They must have come by ship. Lemuel came in 1888 and I think after his wife, Lois, died and left the two little boys. The boys came first - Corrie (b. 1882) in 1887 and Oscar (b. 1877), around the same time. I need a death date for Lois and how did she die? Maybe in childbirth ca. 1883 after the birth of Corrie? Thank you. MJ McArthur (6/9/1999) firstname.lastname@example.org (after Oct. 1/99)
- LEWIS. Lewis, Walter b. March 24, 1875 N.B. (son of George B Lewis & Phoebe McAlmon) married to Green, Sara b. June 17, 1878 P.E.I. (daughter of William H Green & Jane Bynon). Walter and Sara were married on May 23, 1898 in Westmorland County. My husband remembers that his father grew up in Middlesex and believes that his grandparents are buried somewhere in the area.
Walter and Sara had the following children:
Walter, Helen, Carolyn, Lloyd, Robert, Emery, Harry, Harold, George, Eldric, Beatrice, Nelly, Julia
This is my husband's family. His father, Walter, died before i got interested in genealogy. Walter was the youngest of the 13 children.
I would appreciate any contacts on this family. Any tidbit of information to take me another step further.Kindest regards, Helena Lewis email@example.com (29/05/03)
LIVINGSTON: I am looking for information on William Alexander Livingston born I believe Jan. 9, 1839 in Albert Co., in New Brusnwick, Canada. He was married to Barbara Ann Nichol. They lived in Truro, Nova Scotia after they were married. Ellen Bertha,born Nov. 9, 1880, Jean Saunders, Maude Nichol, and Eliza were their daughters. He was married before and was widowed. Had two children by his first marriage...Fleetwood and Louisa.I believe his parents are Robert Livingston (or Levingston) and Elizabeth (McFarland) who supposedly came from Ireland. Her parents were Robert Nichol and Elizabeth (Lynds). Robert Nichol was from Ireland and Elizabeth Lynds was from Scotland. Near as I can tell Robert Livingston may have come from Ireland in 1833 on the Neptune but the spelling of the name has me wondering if this is the person I am looking for. Any info on any of this lines would be very helpful.My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my name is Marilyn "Lynn" Self
LUTZ. Rose Anna Steeves b Apr 24, 1851, Married Thomas A. Wheaton Mar 20, 1870, died Mar 3, 1914. Thomas was born Oct. 21, 1848 and died Apr 4, 1929. His mother was Elizabeth Lutz from Lutes Mountain. Looking for ancestors of either Rosa Anna Steeves or Elizabeth Lutz. Any help will be most appreciated. Joyce Landean (Posted: 26/10/1998; confirmed 24/7/2000)
Comments? Corrections? Info to share?
Back to Albert Co. Main Page