Genealogical/Historical Societies and Organizations:
Atlantic Baptist Historical Collection, Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, B0P 1X0.
Ralph Pickard Bell Library Sackville, NB, E0A 3C0, Mount Allison University,
Centre d'études Acadiennes, Université de Moncton, Moncton, NB, E1A 3E9.
New Brunswick Genealogical Society, Box 3235, Stn. "B", Fredericton, NB, E3A 5G9.
New Brunswick Museum Archives, 277 Douglas Ave., Saint John, NB, E2K 1E5.
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick, PO Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
Southeastern Branch, New Brunswick Genealogical Society, David Fyffe, President. P. O. Box 710 Moncton, NB Canada E1B 4T8
Steeves Family Inc., PO Box 95, Hillsborough, NB, E0A 1X0.
New Brunswick (Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with body: subscribe new-brunswick)
The following books may be of interest to Albert County researchers:
- A History of Salisbury 1774-1984 by George Taylor 1984. This book is available in the New Brunswick Public Library system.
- Cemeteries of Albert County, New Brunswick - by David Christopher ISBN 0-9695341-0-8 (A field guide to the cemeteries of Albert County and the vital statistics contained in these cemeteries. Available from David F. Christopher, 160 Sussex Avenue, Riverview, NB, Canada E1B 3A7.)This book is available at the NB Provincial Archives.
- Early Families Revisited 1993 - Southeastern Branch NB Gen. Society (dated 2 Aug 1993; a compilation by Ken Kanner, 108 Candlewood Dr., R.R. #7, Moncton, NB, E1C 8Z4. This is a gathering of family group sheets submitted by members of the Southeastern Branch of the NB Genealogical Society.) This book is available at the NB Provincial Archives.
- Elmwood Cemetery Records This is a large Moncton cemetery. This book is available at the NB Provincial Archives.
- Good Green Hope - The Irish Catholic Settlers of Albert Co., New Brunswick ...by Heather Long 1995. This book is available to researchers at the Provincial Archives of NB. Its classification number is PANB MC80/2014. Heather Long's mailing address is: 1777 Cambridge Street. Halifax, Nova Scotia. Canada. B3H 4A8
- New Brunswick Vital Statistics from Newspapers ...by Dan Johnson Serial publication for birth, marriage and death notices for the years from 1784 to the 1880's. Available from Dan Johnson, PO Box 26025, Saint John, NB, E2J 4M3. These books are available at the NB Provincial Archives.
- Ye Wilbores All ... by M. Verne MacDonald & Maxwell M. MacDonald A History of the New Brunswick Wilburs and a Wilbur Genealogy 1482-2002. (This is an extremely thorough book. Well researched and exhaustive. Two thumbs up!: webmaster) Contact:, Max MacDonald, 130 Cherrylawn Dr. Moncton, NB E1G 2L4 tel: 506-855-0848 email: email@example.com
- Miramichi Books: You might also want to check out http://www.abebooks.com/home/MIRAMICHIBOOKS/ for a comprehensive listing of books written about New Brunswick and offered for sale at this site.
Sensible Census Series: 1891 and 1901 Albert County, New Brunswick Now available
a) Alphabetically organized b) Standardized spellings with notes and for easy search c) Compact and easily used as a genealogy resource d) Includes the spouse maiden name and the wife of widowers e) Simplified Cirlox binding to open flat as you work. f) Ideal for the serious genealogist. Price CAN $22.00each Contact: Max MacDonald, 130 Cherrylawn Dr. Moncton,
NB E1G 2L4 tel: 506-855-0848 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are newspapers which may be of interest to Albert County researchers. These newspapers have been microfilmed and can be found at the Provincial Archives.
- L'Evangeline 1887-1910
- L'Evangeline 1973-present
- Le Moniteur Acadien 1867-1926
- Maple Leaf 1880-1901
- Moncton Times 1877-1981
- Moncton Transcript 1882-1982
- Moncton Weekly Transcript 1882-1888
- Royal Gazette 1785-1987
- Royal Gazette, Index 1785-1865 (films F983, F984)
- Sackville Tribune 1902-1958
- Rural Report 1982-1990
- Times Transcript 1985-present
- Tribune Post 1959-1972
- Tribune 1905-1934
There is a complete, free index to the Albert County portion of the 1901 census at:
Although I regularly test my hyperlinks, I may miss some. As a special favour to me and other readers, would you please notify me of any broken links on these pages.
Comments? Corrections? Info to share?
Back to Albert Co. Main Page